Saturday, May 30, 2009

I went riding today!!!

Long time no post I know. Sorry. I've been working too hard and being too lazy when i'm not working too hard. I won't go into detail about that boring stuff, but the most important thing is I went riding today!

For the first time since November before my surgery!! It was glorious. Today was just a glorious day. Perfect weather.

I saw a barely 3 day old foal (baby horse) and he was the cutest thing. Dare I say almost as cute as Tuff when he was a little baby? I'll post pictures later, but he was just the most precious thing I have ever seen. I love little horsey noses. Especially ones with curly whiskers. I definately miss having babies around.

Tuff had clover for lunch and he was really slobbering buckets. He had a constant stream of drool coming out of his mouth when I first brought him in from the pasture and then occasionally he'd open his mouth and let a big wad of it drop on the ground. A few times almost on my shoe.

I finally got a new saddle pad and girth for the Australian saddle i've been trying to fit since January. UGH! It was definately hard to find tack for this saddle. So today was the day. I had my tack ready that I had bought the week before, only to find out the pad was too small. The girth is okay, though i'm not entirely sure i'm going to be able to use it anymore because the billet strap (to tighten the girth/saddle) broke off mid pull and left me with nothing to pull with. I need to take it to the leather shop down the street to have it repaired. But go figure, I finally get the tack and my saddle bites the dust. Oh well. It is a good saddle, leather wears out after being pulled for a while. If it weren't for the awesome people that take care of Tuff being at the barn to help me with all the questions and tack malfunctions I probably wouldn't have ridden. Have I mentioned that they are AWESOME? I mean seriously. It's a 30 minute drive for me, and I was originally skeptical about moving Tuff away from my 10 minute drive, own tack room, own catch area, double stall, but goodness. It is SOOOO nice to not have to worry about if my horse is getting fresh water, hay, food, and attention if anything should arise. I have to say, that if I ever found a barn 10 minutes from me, I don't think I would move him, I don't think i'm gonna find another barn as caring or attentive as these people. It's nice to have one less thing to worry about. Tuff's leg is doing fabulous. There are so many nice things I could say about it. I am 100% happy that I moved him. I realize now the only doubts I had earlier were about the distance that I would have to travel, and missing the friends that I had made, but that is long gone. I'm happy.

Sorry this post is all over the place.

I will post pictures soon.

Lindsay

No comments: