Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It could always be worse

I realize I haven't blogged in a while, sorry folks! Life Happened. I've been busy with school, school, school, work, and more school. I'm only taking 1 class, but when i'm not working, i'm in school. No social life thats for sure. So yesterday was my final. I had an 89 average in the class (1 point from an A) and studied as much as I could Sunday, reading over my notes, jotting a few things down, and studying with a friend from class. Things were okay, though I knew I could have studied more and suddenly I wished I could have taken the day off on Monday morning to study instead of work. I always do bad on final exams. I always put so much pressure on myself. Easy questions become hard, and easy answers are lost in my brain. It's that bad. I felt okay after the 10 page, all short answer, fill in the blank test, figuring I got a low B. Still an okay chance to make my A in the class. Well, I instead made a 75.5 and have an 88.2 in the class as my final grade. I am soooooooooooooo upset at myself. If I would have studied 1 more hour. Jotted down 5 more things on my paper. Remembered a little harder. B. B is for BOOOOOO. I am more upset that I am so close to my hard earned A. 1 point. 1 measley point. I wouldn't be as mad if I had done bad during the whole semester and earned an 88. But I rocked the semester out and got an A in the freakin' lab for goodness sakes. But 1 point from an A is just not cool with me. I know I could have done it, I know it. And I know that if I would have studied just a little bit longer I would have.

Then I talked to daddy. He told me that his captain at work fell off a 20 foot ladder roofing his house, broke 3 ribs, cracked 2 vertebrae, jammed his pinky finger and possibly disfigured his shoulder. He could have died. He had angels protecting him thats for sure. I am trying to tell myself that things could always be worse. Suddenly a 88.2 doesn't sound SO bad.

It could always be worse.

I just need to learn to let go and be happy that I still got higher than the class average grade in the class, that most people struggle with Microbiology. And I got almost an A. Almost is what sucks the most. I don't like almost. I WANTED IT SO BAD. Ok, I think you get the point. I really am trying to talk my way into coming to terms with the final grade. Pray that maybe my teacher will note how hard I tried and give me the little bit extra that I need. Hopefully. Prayerfully. I am going to pray. And also pray for people that fall off ladders.

Thanks for letting me air all that out. It feels a little better getting that off my chest...

Lindsay

No comments: