Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lindsay and the terrible, horrible, no good very bad day.

Anybody remember reading this book? Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day? I remember reading it in the 4th grade, I also remember having to finish the day by writing a fictional story of our own that was horrible. Well today, I had a NON-Fiction heck of a story of my own. Atleast I thought it was a heck of a day.

I'd like to share.

This morning was pretty typical, except for on my way to work I ran over a squirrel. This should have been the big red flag that today was going to be a struggle. Mr(s). Squirrel decided to run across the street (2 lanes) just as 2 cars were coming, mine and another in the neighboring lane. I braked ASAP and Mr(s). Squirrel ran out halfway, had a change of heart since he saw my car coming, ran back the other way towards safety, then saw the SUV coming towards him as well and panicked, ran back into my lane and thump, thump he went under my left tires. Talk about HORROR! I wanted to pull over on the side of the road and cry. Poor little thing, just tryin' to gather a few nuts before winter to hide away in his little hidey-hole and here I come along and trample on his dreams. I hope his little life was a full one and he was an old man squirrel. Still I feel horrible. I have never killed anything before (other than bugs of course) but killing something while driving, accidentally, something cute and furry is so traumatizing to me. I just want to forget it happened, rewind and let the poor little thing live. Atleast he is in heaven now. Bless it.

After that my whole mood for the day was completely ruined. I just felt agitated all day. I couldn't get IV catheters in today to save my life, and everytime I was successful the dog struggled and my holder couldn't regain control before the catheter got sliipped out again. Needless to say the dog looked like a crack addict by all the tracks left on it's arms from so many pokes (3) ...I gave up. I didn't feel so bad that no one else could get it in successfully either. Add all of that to a chorus of a incessant meowing cat, and barking (screeching is more like it) dog and you have one vet tech ready to explode. I had to flee the scene.

Now i'm at home, eatin' some cake, contemplating on riding my Tuff finally today, and then I remember I washed his saddle pad and left it in the sun to dry 2 days ago (it's taking forever to dry) It should have dried last night but I wasn't able to make it out there last night to take it back in the tack room, and today it rained, so I know it's wet again and has ruined my plan (again) to ride today.

I need a nap, but need to go to the barn instead. I think the nap is going to win for now, and I can go to the barn tonight to do doodoo duty when i'm refreshed. Tuff would like me better refreshed.

So that is what I must do. Goodnight people!


1 comment:

Grammy De said...

You ALWAYS leave me smiling...I do love you, Lindsay Leigh! Thanks too for the special prayers for Evelyn. She has HER audiology tests on Friday and then I will know what kind of sign language I may need with her (her vision will be impaired but to what extent we won't know until apprx. 6 months of age). For now, she's doing much better with the seizures and when she smiles, it just about takes up her entire face! She's so joyous.