Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Santa's Wish for 2009

I found this poem in a weekly email I receive from Monty Roberts (who is awesome by the way), I highly recommend visiting his website www.Montyroberts.com and subscribing to his e-newsletter. If you need a good book, I also recommend Horse Sense for People, by Monty Roberts. It is about a little of everthing, corporate morale, how to treat others, raising children, dogs, horses, and very inspirational, if only everyone would a take a little piece of this book and put it to use. I have read this book once and am about to read it again.

...anyway, got a little off topic. Here is the poem, it's long, but it's cute. Read at your leisure.


Santa's Wish for 2009

One Christmas Eve, a young boy with light in his eyes looked deep into Santa's, to Santa's surprise and he said as he sat on Santa's broad knee, "I want your secret. Please tell it to me." He leaned up and whispered in Santa's good ear"How do you do it, year after year?" "I want to know how, as you travel about, giving gifts everywhere, you never run out.How is it, Dear Santa, that in your pack of toys you have plenty for all of the world's girls and boys?Your sack never empties as you make your way from rooftop to rooftop, to homes large and small,from nation to nation, reaching them all?" Santa smiled kindly. He said to the boy, "Don't ask me hard questions. Don't you want a toy?" But the child shook his head, and Santa could see that he needed the answer. "Now listen to me," He told the small boy with the light in his eyes: "My secret will make you sadder and wise." The truth is that my sack is magic. Inside there are millions of gifts for my Christmas Eve ride.Although I do visit each girl and each boy I do not leave each one a gaily wrapped toy. Some homes are hungry. Some homes are sad.Some homes are desperate. Some homes are bad. Some homes are broken and children there grieve.Those homes I visit, but what should I leave? My sleigh is filled with the happiest stuff. But, for homes where despair lives toys aren't enough. So I tiptoe in and kiss each girl and each boy, and I pray for them that they'll be given the joyof the spirit of Christmas, the spirit that lives in the heart of each dear child who gets not, but gives. If only God hears me and answers my prayer, when I visit next year, what will I find there? Homes filled with peace, and with giving and love and boys and girls gifted with light from above? It's a very hard task, my smart little brother to give toys to one and give prayers to another. The prayers are the best gifts, the best gifts indeed, for God has a way of meeting each need. That's part of the answer. The rest my dear youth, is that my sack is magic, and that is the truth. In my sack I carry on each Christmas Eve day more love than a Santa could e'er give away. The sack never empties of love, nor of joys cause inside it are prayers and hopes - not just toys. The more that I give, the fuller it seems, because giving is my way of fulfilling dreams. And do you know something? You've got a sack, too. It is as magic as mine, and it's inside of you. It never gets empty. It is full from the start. It's the center of light and love. It is your heart!If on this Christmas you want to help me, don't be concerned with the gifts 'neath your tree. Open the sack that's your heart and share your joy, your friendship, your love and your care." The light in the small boy's eyes was glowing. "Thanks for your secret. I've got to be going."Wait, little one," said Santa, "Don't go. Will you share? Will you help? - Use what you know?" Just for a moment the small boy stood still. He touched his hand to his heart, and he whispered: "I will!"

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! BE SAFE!

No comments: